Are you looking for a healthy dip to bring to the party? Well, have we got just the thing for you. Avocados are often referred to as a superfood, which isn’t a surprise as it’s packed with healthy nutrition! In a single serving which is typically 100 grams, some of the most abundant ingredients are Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Potassium, Vitamin E and plenty more! Avocados also are low in saturated fat, high in healthy fats, and contain no sodium or cholesterol.
You may be wondering where CBD comes into play in this recipe. Well, let us give you a bit of information! As some of you may know, CBD doesn’t get you high, however it does make you feel more relaxed and calm. “CBD is better absorbed and the effects are longer acting when taken along with a fat source,” says Janice Newell Bissex MS, RDN, a Holistic Cannabis Practitioner at Jannabis Wellness. This means that to get the best results from CBD, Bissex says that it should be taken with a food containing some fat like, you guessed it, guacamole and tortilla chips!
Now that we’re done praising the sacred fruit and CBD, we can move along to the quick and easy recipe!
Number of Servings: 12 servings
- 6 Haas Avocados – Make sure they’re ripe!
- 2 – 2 ½ tablespoons of fresh lime juice – Add more if needed based on taste preference!
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt – Or add more if you’d like.
- 2 – 3 teaspoons of minced jalapeño
- 1 cup diced onion – Your preference of onion!
- CBD Oil in your desired strength – We recommend our Natural 500mg tincture as it has no flavor and goes well with food!
- Optional: ½ a cup of diced tomatoes.
- Take each avocado and cut it in half, removing the pits. Take a spoon and scoop out the flesh into a bowl!
- Pour the lime juice and salt over the avocados. Take a fork and mash it till it’s mostly creamy but still has a little chunk to it.
- If you like the taste of garlic, we recommend dicing the garlic cloves into tiny little pieces so you might get a little taste in a bite. But, if you don’t want that texture, use the flat part of a knife and crush each garlic clove to make a paste.
- Time to add the CBD! This is up to your discretion, add your desired amount and mix evenly.
- Add the diced onions, peppers, and tomatoes (if you chose to add it.)
- Take a final taste test and see if it needs any more salt or lime juice.
- Finally, it’s time to serve! We recommend serving this immediately as avocados to start to brown when left out for a while. (They’re still perfectly safe to eat though!)
If you tried out our recipe, show us! Tag @BalanceCBDUSA on Instagram or @BalanceCBD on Twitter with your post and we’ll repost it.