What Exactly Is Ashwagandha?
Ashawgandha has been utilized since ancient times. To date, it is one of the most popular medicinal herbs on the health and wellness market to enhance brain function and combat symptoms of anxiety and depression. In India, the herb is used in the practice known as Rasayana, which promotes rejuvenation of the body and mind to restore balance and energy. It is highly valuable for its many beneficial properties. When combined with CBD or cannabidiol, the synergistic effects of the ashwagandha are enhanced. Ashwagandha heightens the therapeutic benefits of both the hemp derived CBD and the ashwagandha herbs to make each far more effective than when taken individually.
The root of the ashwagandha herb is considered in many cultures, especially in Eastern holistic cultures, to be a healing plant necessary for apothecary of Ayurvedic medicine. The wisdom of the Ayurvedic traditions is highly recognized and respected to date by modern scientists. In fact, modern science has confirmed that the Ayurvedic knowledge of the ashwagandha herb has greatly contributed to current therapeutic practices for anxiety and depression. The herb shares several characteristics with the cannabidiol compound. Both have been found to help alleviate stress and promote calmness and relaxation to ultimately ease the body and mind.
CBD and ashwagandha are unrelated botanically. However, when combined with each other, both create synergistic effects. The root of the ashwagandha herb has been used to improve brain function including memory, focus, anxiety relief and pain and inflammation relief. CBD Oilhas also been found to promote the same therapeutic support.
Is Taking Ashwagandha Daily Safe?
Ashwagandha has been taken as a favorable nutritional supplement for the past 3,000 years. It has consistently been proven as a safe and effective nutrient for daily use. When taken in doses ranging from 250-500 MG per day, ashwagandha can effectively help balance body and mind. It’s critical to note that, as with most nutritional supplements, ashwagandha should be avoided by pregnant or breastfeeding women as well as those on certain medications or with autoimmune disorders. To verify whether you can reap the benefits of this nutrient, be sure to consult with your physician prior. If you are able to take it, your daily amount may vary based on your own individual symptoms and desired goals.
Ashwagandha is often used to manage, support and aid in the following:
Therapeutic Benefits Of The Ashwagandha Herb
The Ashwagandha herb has traditionally been used as a natural, holistic remedy and ailment for stress relief, pain and anxiety. In addition, the herb has been found to elevate physiological functions making it quite similar to CBD processes. Akin to cannabidiol, ashwagandha shares numerous therapeutic benefits including the following:
CBD and Ashwagandha Synergistic Effects
When taken daily, it’s no secret that CBD as a natural, therapeutic supplement combined with the incredibly beneficial properties of the ashwagandha root creates synergistic effects that help enhance the body and mind. In fact, when you use high-quality, safe and organic CBD products from brands such as Balance CBD or Dani Pepper along with Ashwagandha daily, your health and wellness routine can become fully fortified and promote full synergetic effects. Both CBD and ashwagandha work in conjunction to enhance therapeutic effects and ultimately reduce pain and inflammation, stress and anxiety and help treat certain chronic disorders. These natural allies are the most non-invasive, natural way to combat these issues without any debilitating side effects.
Double The Solution: CBD and Ashwagandha For Stress and Anxiety
Individually, both CBD and ashwagandha acts as highly effective natural stress relievers. Therefore, when paired together, their anti-stress and anxiety properties are ten fold. Ashwagandha functions via a system known as hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA axis) which allows the herb to promote homeostasis through hormonal regulation by balancing cortisol levels. Exhaustion induced stress is one of the best issues Ashwagandha can manage.
Combating Chronic Pain With CBD And Ashwagandha
There are numerous painkillers and inhibitors available on the market. Unfortunately, many of these pharmaceuticals have been linked to long-term harmful effects to the body and mind. As a completely non psychoactive, nontoxic, natural and organic compound, CBD is safe, toxic-free and does not lead to any seriously harmful or long term side effects. That is why it is considered much safer than some prescription painkillers. CBD activates the vanilloid receptors to reconfigure and reduce the pain signals which ultimately increases pain tolerance naturally.
Get CBD and Ashwagandha Synergy With The Right Products
If you’re interested in putting that synergistic effect to work to improve your mind and body, finding the right products is vital. Balance CBD and Dani Pepper’s Calm Package contains a 1x Natural Full Spectrum 2500MG, 1x Orange Dreamsicle 10 pack and 1x Dani Pepper Sleepytime 10 pack. These specialized products help soothe and settle the body and mind to promote calmness and relaxation. Additionally, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties promote the entourage effect to melt away pain and irritation.When taken with your ashwagandha supplement of choice, Balance CBD products optimize the therapeutic benefits your mind, body and soul deserve.
1. The Free Dictionary By Farlex, Rasayana. 2021. Available at: rasayana
2. Petre, Alina MS, RD (NL). Ashwagandha Dosage: How Much Should You Take per Day? 2018. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ashwagandha-dosage
3. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults.Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.106022.PMID: 23439798; PMCID: PMC3573577.
4. Singh N, Bhalla M, De Jager P, et al. An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda. 2011; 8(5 Suppl): 208–213.Published online 2011 Jul 3. doi: 10.4314/ajtcam.v8i5S.9
5. Ambiye V.R, Langade D, Dongre S, et al. Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study.2013; 2013: 571420. Published online 2013 Nov 28. doi: 10.1155/2013/571420
6. Dr. Dave. Ashwagandha Improves Sexual Functioning and Satisfaction In Women. 2016. Available at: https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/ashwagandha-improves-sexual-functioning-and-satisfaction-in-women/.
7. Lopresti L. A PhD, Smith S MA, Hakeedmudin A MBBS, MD et al. An investigation into the stress-relieving and pharmacological actions of an ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. September 2019 – Volume 98 – Issue 37 – p e17186 doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000017186.
8. Raut A, Rege N, Tadvi F, et al. Exploratory study to evaluate tolerability, safety, and activity of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in healthy volunteers.2012 Jul;3(3):111-4. doi: 10.4103/0975-9476.100168
9. Nourish by WedMD. Health Benefits of Ashwagandha. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-ashwagandha#1.
10. Sayed A, DR. 11 Proven Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha. 2020. Available at: https://www.bensnaturalhealth.com/blog/general-health/ashwagandha-benefits/#f-h2-9.
11. DiPasquale R, ND. Effect of Ashwagandha on Tests of Cognitive and Psychomotor Performance. Review of a prospective, double-blind, multi-dose, placebo-controlled, crossover study. 2014. Available at: https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2014-05/effect-ashwagandha-tests-cognitive-and-psychomotor-performance.
12. Palliyaguru D, Singh S, Kensler T. Withania somnifera: from prevention to treatment of cancer. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2016 Jun; 60(6): 1342–1353.Published online 2016 Jan 29. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201500756
13. Balance CBD. What Is CBD and the Endocannabinoid System? Available at: https://balancecbd.com/what-is-cbd.
14. Ray T. Wired and Tired In Silicon Valley- CBD Oil and Ashwagandha to the Rescue! 2018. Available at: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wired-tired-silicon-valley-cbd-oil-ashwagandha-rescue-ted-ray/